“Mirror, mirror on the wall, who’s the fairest of them all?” Oh wait, there’s no mirror on my wall yet. This is exactly why you are reading this article!
Nothing is more tedious and uninspired than a boring mirror. But we have got you an easy fix – you need to learn how to frame a mirror with clips, and your space will feel refreshed instantly.
And what about those unframed bathrooms in your bathroom? Have you ever tried to figure out how to frame a mirror with clips? We all must have been wanting to frame out bathroom mirrors but were not aware of how to do it.
The following guide will teach you how to frame a mirror with clips very easily!
What you need:
- Wood trim (baseboard trim can work)
- Miter saw
- Small chisel
- Liquid Nails’ adhesive
- Measuring tape and painter’s tape
Always remember that you need to wear eye protection and mask when standing with wood.
Also, wear a suitable mask when using finishes and stains. The directions and warnings must be followed very correctly, and no tools whose training, precaution, or appropriate supervision is not present must not be used.
Frame bathroom mirror with clips
When we were learning how to frame a bathroom mirror with metal clips, we saw several tutorials that show amazing transformations of bathroom mirrors by just adding some molding around its edges.
Everyone we have come across also says something like, “OMG, this is the easiest thing we could do to upgrade. We wish we did it long ago; now I am doing this to all the mirrors around my home!”
This project has been on our to-do list for the longest time as if it really as it is shown and talked about, why not try it? However, there was something else in our way as well – the two metal clips holding our mirror.
Steps to frame your bathroom mirrors
To mount your mirror with clips, find the thinnest washers which are available – might as well buy more than one size and check which one lays the flattest against your mirror and is hence the most suitable one. Washers can be purchased individually as well for around 10-20 cents per washer.
When you have spotted the most suitable one, unscrew the plastic clips on your mirror and replace it with this washer. Now screw it back using the same screw and hole present in your wall already.
One at a time will be done obviously. These washers which are used as metal clips, will be securing the mirror against the wall as safely as the plastic ones do. Washers, however, lay almost flat, so the molding can also be glued over them. Easy, isn’t it?
Tips to Frame Your Bathroom Mirror
Since we have also learned these steps by making our fair share of mistakes and learned some tips in the process. Here, we shall be discussing those with you. Some may find these lame to mention here. However, others will also be very thankful for listing them here.
1. Whenever you buy a molding, you may also pick up one of the following. We all have heard of these before but may not know what exactly they are and how to use them.
Miter box: this is a simple tool made of plastic, which is used to cut perfect angles at 45 degrees – this is something essential for your molding projects.
It can be found on the same aisle as the molding is kept at, and it comes with its miter saw. With this new miter box, you will be able to take your molding home and cut it yourself very only and quickly.
2. To get a proper visual and make sure that you are cutting the molding right, do have a look at it from one of the doorways in your house. There may be a chance that you may cut it upside down, so you must check it by looking from multiple angles.
3. To apply your liquid nails, get a caulking gain as well. Save yourself from the hassle of trying to use it without a gun, which may also bring you a second trip to the store – hence, make sure that you pick up one already.
4. For the number of liquid nails, you must make sure that you are applying a generous amount of it. The liquid nails must be put in the middle of the molding.
You must also make sure that the edge is avoided as much as possible to prevent it from seeping on to the mirror when it is pressed. This can be a bit tricky part and can also mess the thing up, so you must ensure that you avoid the seeping mess as much as possible.
Else, when you check it the next day when the molding is supposed to be found dry, it would be bowed at the corners of the mirror and would not even stick to the glass because you may not have enough liquid nails to hold it down.
5. Talking about the worst-case scenario, if you find the next morning that your molding is bowed, no need to walk away in disgust. It would be best if you were not discouraged or vow never to take up any home upgrading project again.
Do not just sit around the next whole week and contemplate who to hire now for fixing this up. All you need to do is add in some more liquid nails and let it dry overnight. We have a detailed guide about painting bathroom cabinets, learn the easiest way to do.
These dramatics may be done, but when you realize how secure fixing it is, you will feel silly. And with it, you have it ready now – your very own, pretty mirror. Now you know how to frame a mirror with clips, and hence you’re good to go!